Monday, November 28, 2005

My New Toy I Mean Vitally Important Work Equipment

I just picked up a Treo 650 to replace my old Motorola v60 cell phone.  I loved my m500 PDA and v60 cellphone combination because I could get both gadgets in one shirt pocket.  The Treo is even Way Cooler because it combines both, still fits in my shirt pocket and gives me even more power than the prior combination.  I love having my calendar, task list, and contacts all on my cell, plus I’m very familiar with Palm OS as I used an m500 for a number of years.  (Want to buy it, cheap?  Make an offer)  There are a plethora of Palm OS widgets I can stuff on this gadget to make my life happier.  Woo hoo!

The Treo’s a very nice size and will still fit in my shirt pocket [Dude, you’re at home in sweat pants all day! — ed.], and it’s very light.  I’m not signed up for the data package, so my only use of the keyboard has been for a couple test task and calendar appointments.  The keyboard seems fine for short stuff; I definitely won’t be doing any long user guides on it…  The only really odd thing I’ve found so far is the speaker placement: it’s on the top of the phone which means I have to hold the phone at a seemingly odd spot just below my ear.  Dunno, the pizza delivery folks didn’t seem to have any problem with understanding me tonight, so it can’t be too bad.

The camera sucks, but then I don’t think I’ll be using it but once every three years.  The camera’s actually a hinderance because the defense contractor I worked for in the past and may work around again prohibits cameras of any type on their premises, even in the unclassified rooms.  I could go on a rant about anal-retentive, out of control, overburdended with stifiling processes goobers, but I’ll save you from that.

Tangental topics being back under control, suffice it to say that I’m pretty excited about scoring one for only $200.  It’s going to make my life a lot easier.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey