Friday, November 18, 2005

Another Year Gone By

Last night my wife surprised me with a trip out to Yellow Springs for a dinner at the Winds Cafe, the best dining in the Dayton area as far as we’re concerned.  It wasn’t just any dinner, it was their 16th annual Garlic Dinner, a six course meal of terrific food with perfectly paired wines.  Loads of garlic, but all well-balanced and not overpowering.  The Garlic Dinner menu will vanish from their page soon, so I’ll paste it in just to torment you poor souls:

  • Garlic Tomato Soup with Garlic Goat Cheese Crouton
  • Hot Smoked Salmon with Garlic Vinaigrette
  • Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms, garlic confit and herbs
  • Fall Dark Green Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing and Garlic Chips
  • Cheeses
  • Lemon Crepe with Lemon Curd and Jeni’s Lemon Ice Cream

Another great surprise was a box of See’s candy, all dark, which means my wife won’t be mooching any off me.  I’ll still have to fend off both kids who like dark chocolate as much as I do, curse them.

Best of all, this morning my daughter came out and gave me a card she’d made all on her own:

That makes for a pretty good day, despite being another year closer to True Crusty Old Fart status, instead of my current Aspiring Crusty Old Fart status.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey