Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More on Microsoft Not Not Listening

I’ve been sitting through Channel 9 episode where Josh Ledgard’s Developer Solutions Team shows off three toys they’ve built: Team Foundation Server Admin tool, MSBee, and Managed Stack Explorer.  (It’s the latter I’m most interested in today.)  The three gigs on the tools were all great, but some of the most interesting stuff (to me, at least) comes at about 19 minutes in when the team is asked where inspiration for the tools came from.

It seems all three tools were genesisized (heh, my own word I invented) straight from customer feedback and requests.  Josh continues to impress the heck out of me with his blogging on transparency and openness to customers.  All these folks impress me with their willingness to build little tools of great use to customers.

Excellent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Let me know what you think of MSE, since you said you are most intersted in this tool out of the three avialable. I’d love to hear your thoughts on it, what features you would like to see added, etc. Also, let me know if you might be interested in working on the tool after we release it. We're looking for a few good devs to come contribute to our power toys!

Thanks!
-sara

Jim Holmes said...

MSE's certainly a shiny tool, Sara. It's lightweight and focuses on doing one thing really well. That's just the kind of thing I really like!

Thanks for the offer of helping with MSE after it's released! I'm very interested, but can't commit to anything until after the book is done...

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey