Monday, May 09, 2005

Latest Music Finds

From Grey's Anatomy, the ABC television show about intern docs at a Seattle hospital: the Buffseeds' Sparkle Me (EP). Good alt rock music, great vocals. (BTW, most all the music in Grey's Anatomy is good stuff. You can read music listings at the show's homepage.) From Austin City Limits, always a terrific source for good music I'd never have found otherwise: Jason Mraz's Waiting for my Rocket. Mraz talked about his music being like Brunswick stew: a little of this, a little of that. It's a serious mishmash of everything from rap to Bob Marley to Appalachian. The guy's got an amazing voice and does neat things with the meter of his vocals. (Obviously, I'm no music major. Sue me if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say, other than I think it's wicked cool music.) From old memories: The Outlaws' Green Grass and High Tides. This is, to me, by far the best southern rock song ever. Freebird sucks. Big Time. It's recycled bong water dreck. Green Grass and High Tides, however, is killer stuff. Guaranteed to get you pumped up, or your pulse wasn't active in the first place.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey