Friday, July 08, 2005

Bad Pundits, Part II

I missed a real howler in Gwynne Dyer's column I blogged about earlier. Dyer says "The point is they're only terrorists, and they can't hurt all that many people." I guess Dyer doesn't count nearly 3,000 dead in New York and Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001 as "that many." Maybe he doesn't count nearly 4,000 murdered by Islamic terrorists since 1993 as "that many." (Perhaps he missed the Sun's article Evil across our planet which details the terrorist attacks.) Maybe polemics on the right like Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity are writing similar dreck from the other side, but I don't waste my time at their sites so I wouldn't know. Dyer's stupid column really got my goat though, as you can tell. Enough of this. I'm back to having breakfast with my daughter, then it's back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey