Saturday, July 01, 2006

Recent Good Tunes

I’ve been completely dependent on Rhapsody the last few weeks to keep me semi-sane as we crush to hit our final deadline for the book.  Here’s some stuff I’ve been pleased to have had coming through the speakers:

  • Guster -- Ganging Up On The Sun (Guster’s latest.  Wicked good stuff)
  • The Strokes -- First Impressions of Earth, Half Smiles of the Decomposed  (Not as good as their first, but tasty all the same)
  • Van Halen -- I, II, and Women and Children First (How on Earth did I forget about Van Halen for so long?  Yeesh.  Brings back many good memories of school, along with a few painful ones too.)
  • Longwave -- The Strangest Things, There's a Fire.  I’m almost embarassed to admit that I found Longwave after listening to Keira Knightly’s Rhapsody playlist.  It sounds like I’m some People-magazine addicted celebrity babe stalker.  Which isn’t the case, but you won’t believe me anyway.  Go check out her playlist for some absolutely amazing stuff.  No clue if she put this together herself, or if some publicist did.  Whoever stuck it together has great tastes in indie music.
  • The Farm -- Spartacus.  See above.
  • Springsteen -- We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions  (John Henry.  Go listen now.  Check your pulse to see if you’re alive if your feet don’t start bouncing along with the music.)
  • Grace Potter and the Nocturnals -- Nothing But The Water (Excellent, killer, beauty, outstanding bluesy stuff, and Grace has an amazing voice which hangs perfectly with the great band behind her.)
  • 12 Girls Band -- Freedom (OK, this is seriously funky Asian girl band stuff, but it’s cool and a nice break from other stuff.)

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey