Monday, July 03, 2006

The Calm Before the Storm

I’m sitting here listening to Phish’s Undermind and enjoying a bit of quiet time as I finish one of the last two articles I have to write for this next drop of the book.  The last six weeks have been brutal with scads of writing and loads of editing contributions from various authors.  We’ve got our major delivery on Wednesday, then one final chapter to finish up.  I’ll have one or two pieces to write for that chapter—James and a couple other contributors are handling the rest of that bit.

After that it’s another crush, wading through reviewing edited chapters and trying to get tech review input dealt with.  Final delivery to Production is on 20 July, which doesn’t leave us scads of time, but we’re confident things will roll on nicely.

Still no clue when O’Reilly will get the book on Rough Cuts.  This part’s been a bit frustrating since we were hoping to get feedback on the book’s content early in the game, but that’s just not panned out.  One good bit of news about Rough Cuts: James and I will have some Safari Online coupons to hand out which will let a number of folks have a free look at the book. 

No, no, don’t e-mail me now.  I’ll let you know when we’ve got the book up and when we’ve got access to coupons.  We’ll probably run a contest and give them out to the five best renditions of Meatloaf’s Paradise by the Dashboard Light or something equally creative.  OK, maybe we’ll just hand them out first-come, first-served.

(This is actually the first time I’ve ever listened to Phish.  Heard about ‘em for years, but never heard a blip of their music.  Undermind is great stuff, and I’m looking forward to digging through some of their other stuff on Rhapsody!)

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey