Thursday, April 07, 2005

Jack & Suzy Welch on Charlie Rose

I was sitting on the couch folding laundry and turned to Charlie Rose for some distraction. Jack and Suzy Welch were on the show promoting Winning, their new book. (Jennifer Square wrote about the book last week.) It's late and I don't have energy to catch the entire interview (no Tivo here), but I did want to pass on one quote of his which really hit home. He was talking about travelling around the world for speaches and conferences, and one thing which continued to come up in his sessions were questions from employees on what they needed to do to change their job for the better. Jack said, "We met victim after victim after victim. Don't be a victim!" What I understood his point to be was that these people needed to get off their duffs and take control over the direction of their lives. Or in my own words, don't just have a job, have a Job.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey