Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Good CSS Resources

I've been spending the last couple days tinkering with the Dayton DevGroup's website, particularly in trying to get a decent layout established. It's been a long time since I've done any HTML work -- CSS was just barely being implemented. Yes, I'm that dusty. (I've done a bit of XSL stylesheet review, but CSS didn't come into play because the XSL techs weren't tuned in.) Brian Prince pointed out a whole bunch of great CSS resources during his presentation last month at the Colubus .NET Developer's group. Here are a couple I've been making good use of:
  • Web Developer for Mozilla. Killer extension for Mozilla. Element outlining, CSS editing, validation, Forms shortcuts, and about a billion other things I haven't looked into yet.
  • Cascading Stylesheets, the Definitive Guide, 2nd ed. by Eric Meyer. Terrific intro and reference for CSS.
  • www.csszengarden.com. So you think CSS is bogus and you can't do anything creative with it? You'd rather keep your tables? Stop by here and have your eyes opened sumpin' fierce.
  • The Zen of CSS Design by Dave Shea and Molly E. Holzschlag. A terrific breakdown of how some of the more fantastic stylesheets at CSS Zen Garden do what they do. Mind boggling.
I'm sure there are other handy resources, but these are what I've been getting good mileage out of so far.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey