Thursday, October 27, 2005

Life Is Not Just Coding

Check out Eric Sink's blog on how folks at his company blow off a bit of tension and relax. His article works on a couple levels. First off, it's very important to occasionally take a break from coding and do something fun to recharge your brain cells. Secondly, his description of boiling a frog (read the article for that to make sense, please!) is really pretty apt. Lastly, there's some serious gold in his remarks about the end of an era and how important it is for folks to see each other and avoid writing code non-stop for eight hours each day. Now Playing: Sublime -- various (Rhapsody sampler). I know nothing about Ska, so I thought I'd try this sampler stream from Rhapsody. I like the melodies, and the singer's got a cool voice, but I don't care for the constant references to drugs and profanity. I'm far from a prude, I just don't care for non-stop crap in my music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sublime rocks man. 40 ounces to freedom is their best album.

Jim Holmes said...

Like I said, I enjoyed it, just in a schizophrenic way.

I'm going to dig through other ska on Rhapsody soon.

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey