Friday, June 10, 2005

Current Reading

Books I'm currently reading: John Steakley's Armor. Looks to be several parts with varying central characters. Centers on a horrible war with "ants" on a poisonous planet. Loved the first story, am very tired of the second. Hope the remainder is as good as the first. (Via DonXML) Test-Driven Development By Example by Kent Beck. I'm late getting to this standard bearer. Enough glowing stuff has been written about it elsewhere. I'll just say I'm very impressed and like the practical approach. Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Exam Cram version of the same title. The Exam Cram is much better than the Windows Apps in C# version which I found way too shallow. The Microsoft product seems pretty good so far.

In the pipeline

Design Patterns by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides. Way overdue on getting to this critical piece of work. I took a quick look at the abstract/concrete factory discussion and found it pretty impressive. Agile and Iterative Development: A Manager's Guide by Craig Larman. Got this one from Ben Carey's blog. Every reference from Ben has been golden, so I'm looking forward to this one too.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey