Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lovely SharePoint Books

I’ve just loaded up on three books that look to be very helpful in my continuing work in the SharePoint domain. 

Scott Guthrie (what does he know anyway) recommended a couple at his blog:

  • Developer’s Guide to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.  This has been a great bit so far.  Clear explanations and a very good section on custom field types.  I’ve not read anything from the publisher yet, but am very impressed and will be looking more up from them.
  • ASP.Net 2.0 Web Parts in ActionManning Press rocks.  They didn’t use to have much .NET stuff, but were loaded with gems about Ant, Hibernate, and other goodies.  Now they’re catching up with a vengance in the .NET world.  Yipee!  (Actually haven’t gotten in to this book yet, but I trust the publisher.)
  • Microsoft SharePoint: Building Office 2007 Solutions in C# 2005.  Scot Hillier’s other books on SharePoint are gold.  I am sooooo stoked that this one finally arrived!  I’ve only brushed through it, but am awfully impressed with everything so far.  His intro sections on SharePoint architecture, fundamentals, and user management are very impressive — as are the bits on establishing a development environment.

FYI: I actually shelled out my own hard-earned $$ for the first two books.  Hillier’s book was a review copy given to me by the publisher.  See my disclaimer if you’re concerned.

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey