Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Palm 500 Woes

I bought a Palm 500 around four years ago. I'm a cheap SOB and didn't want the flashy colors or extra widgets associated with the higher-end models. Plus I had to buy it out of my own pocket because the company I was with at the time were even cheaper SOBs who didn't seem to think I needed to have any mobile device when I was onsite with customers. (One of the many reasons they're the company I used to work for.) The 500's been a terrific servant and I've had a great experience with it. Unfortunately, the damned thing's not working well with my new install of Office 2003. The m500 is PalmOS 4.x and DataViz's Documents To Go/Inbox To Go doesn't work well with the newer Office. Well, to be more precise, DTG's latest version works fine, but not v6.x which I have and which is the only version which will run on PalmOS 4x. Crap. So now I'm going to have to look around for whatever newer low-end model will work with my mishmash of software. Bother. I'd love to hear any feedback any of my four readers out there might have. What kind of PDA are you using, and more importantly, are you happy with it?

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey