Friday, May 19, 2006

My Current Mountainous Stack of Geek Books

OK, so I’m falling a bit behind on my pile of books to read.  Ugh. 

Actually, I’ve gotten through some of this pile already:

  • I’m mostly through Practices of an Agile Developer and it’s sheer gold.  Short, concise, filled with goodness on getting Agile done right.
  • Liberty’s Programming ASP.NET, 3rd ed is really well-done but is more about implementation without much on general web development. Gotta find another book for that.
  • I've found some great stuff in ASP.NET 2.0, A Programmer’s Notebook so far. Overviews of 2.0 goodness, but you'll need other material to get in the guts of things.
  • I’ve only skimmed parts of Perry’s Core C# and .NET, but it looks well-written and helpful.  Solved one or two things for me, so it’s got that going for it.

The next six weeks are sheer madness here as James and I crush to get the last half of the book knocked out.  I’ll have little time for any reading, so this pile ain’t gonna get much smaller any time soon…

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey