Highlights from five days on Hilton Head Island, SC, in no particular order:
- Finding a gelateria that actually knows how to make real gelato instead of some hideous crap masquerading as the good stuff.
- “Thank you for teaching me how to swim, Poppa!” (Even though the not-quite-six-year old more or less taught herself.)
- Seeing a real bluebird.
- Hanging out at the very relaxing, not over-the-top Disney Hilton Head Island Resort.
- Seeing my not-quite-two-year old playing in the sand.
- Having a more or less quiet game of shuffleboard with my wife while remembering my grandfather teaching me the game decades ago.
- Getting back to our own bed six hours later than planned after a return trip travel day from hell.