Friday, February 08, 2008

Displaying Items in the MOSS Table of Contents Web Part

I ran across a silly configuration issue today when creating a Wiki page library for our group's collaboration site.  We don't use the Quick Launch left nav sidebar, instead favoring the Table of Contents web part.  I created the Wiki library, but it didn't appear in the web part -- it should have shown up under the "Documents" section below.

What's up here?  A quick check of the navigation settings (under library settings -> Title, description, and navigation)

...revealed the silly error I'd made.  I mistakenly set the display on Quick Launch to "No" instead of "Yes."  I flipped that switch:

... and things are now displaying as they should.

Just because you don't use the Quick Launch doesn't mean you shouldn't make items available via it...

No comments:

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey