Thursday, April 05, 2007

Serenity Voted #1 Sci-Fi Film

SFX magazine polled 3,000 fans on their favorite science fiction movie and found that Serenity beat out Star Wars.

Even if you’re not a sci-fi fan you may enjoy the depth and complexity of Serenity, so it’s well-worth checking out from the library.  You should also take a look at Battlestar Galatica (the “reimagined” version from the SciFi channel), another sci-fi show which has broad appeal due to its great storylines and complex characters.

(Via one of the few useful articles on Slashdot these days.)

2 comments:

Matt Casto said...

Personally, I didn't like it. My wife hated it.

I just don't think the movie can stand alone, apart from the series.

When I saw Serenity, I hadn't seen any episodes of the series, so I didn't have any of the background. I could tell that most of the movie was fan service, and that really lowered my experience.

I've since seen several episodes of the series, and I like the series, but I don't know if I'll ever like the movie.

It would the interesting to see the results of the same poll given to a more general section of the population. I have a feeling that a large percentage of SFX reader were already rabid fans of Firefly.

Randall Drum said...

While I have not yet seen "Serenity", I have seen several episodes of Firefly and loved it.

I agree whole-heartedly about Battlestar Galactica. It is the best show on television today. I know this because my wife, a staunch "I don't like sci-fi" kind of person, is just as eagar to sit down on Sunday nights with me to watch the story unfold.

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey