Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nice Utility to Clean and Zip Source Folders

Jeff Atwood ran with a neat utility that Scott Hanselman pointed out that someone else wrote that was inspired by someone other than that someone else. 

Confused?  Then forget that first sentance and go grab Atwood’s Clean and Zip Source utility.  Install it and you’ll get a nice, new item on the context menu which will troll through a subdirectory structure, remove all the bin and obj dirs as well as source control files and binding info.

Very handy, very shiny.  My only complaint is that I can’t configure it to ignore the files ReSharper tosses in my project tree, but that’s a minor nit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always set resharper to store its cache in the system temp folder. Its under the Resharper -> Options

Matt Casto said...

That's pretty nice. I'd gotten some of the people on our team to use Omar's version, but I didn't know about this enhanced one.

Jim Holmes said...

Matt: Glad to hear the post was of use!

Eamonn: Great tip. I'll push the cache over that way. Many thanks!

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey