Saturday, February 07, 2009

Selenium Test Suite Not Starting in TestRunner

Problem: You’re invoking a Selenium test suite via the command line and the Java jar file, using something like

java -jar selenium-server-1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar 
	-htmlSuite 
	$browser 
	http://localhost/csfunctionaltests/ 
	$testSuitePath 
	$testReportPath

Where all those $ thingies are input parameters. You’re finding that a suite you’re running loads into the Selenium TestRunner fine, but then just sits there and never executes.

Solution: Double check that you’re loading a suite and not a test case. Test cases will load fine into the TestRunner, but won’t ever actually launch off. You get no error message, just a hung test.

Not that I’ve done this myself, mind you. I just know someone who might have done this. Just sayin’.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK! YOU!!
I have been searching around with this for days... :D
Thanks a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable how some people can do this. My 'friend' did exactly the same and is now over the moon that it was something so simple. Many thanks for this post. You saved my... 'friends' life. ;-)

Subscribe (RSS)

The Leadership Journey